Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Far Left Wing (wing nuts) are at it again over the VA read on........



In the last two weeks I have heard so much about how Senator and Hero John McCain wanted to privatize the VA and incorporate it into some kind of risky Wall Street run privatized entity. I have never read so much and heard so much BUNK from the wing nuts of the left. I am a Veteran of the United States Army and proudly served and would do so again if I were healthy enough to. Instead I spend a lot of time at the local VA hospital, I volunteer there and I use the services there I am confined to a wheelchair after multiple back surgeries, but that's not Germaine to the blog, other than to say I surely use the services of the Veterans Administration Hospital and Health care System.

Let me say first I have never ever been treated with as much respect as I am at the VA (I use the VA Hospital where I live in Louisville Kentucky which is a yearly best award winner pretty consistently) at any private health care office. Additionally there are signs in the waiting room that say if you have not been called back to see the Doctor after 15 minutes after signing in, please check in back at the desk to ensure we have not overlooked you....amazing my former private Doctor didn't care if I waited an hour or more.

I often times bring my camera to take pictures and talk to World War II veterans as well as Vietnam Veterans as well. I Always talk to the other Vets. the topic this week was ......yup you guessed it, the privatization of the VA. Let me hit you with the fine points, is John McCain trying to privatize the VA? NO! Is he proposing something new? Yes! Here is what's on the good Senators mind, vouchers! As soon as the discussion in the coffee shop came to this I had all kinds of questions, even from employees. Read the proposal from the Senator and what you find from my hero, is that he simply wants to give veterans more options. Let me explain in greater detail using me as a hypothetical guinea pig with a bad heart.

Okay so I go into the local VA with Chest Pain shortness of breath and a general feeling of a house sitting on my chest (all this hypothetical to show Senator McCain's plan) and the Doctor in the emergency room admits me and pages the on call Cardiologist on duty, he walks into my room and I realize that he is younger than any Doctor that I have ever met, he says I need immediate open heart surgery and I can tell by the sound in his voice that he is really wanting to reach for the rib spreaders for the first time, he has that I always wanted to work on a transmission look on his face and he is telling the nurse to go get the consent forms right now. What now, I just found that the only option for my surgery, is the Doctor not old enough to shave, (in fact, he uses the cream on the face and call the cat mode) and I certainly do not have the warm fuzzy feeling in the pit of my stomach. I ask for the senior Cardiologist and he smiles and says I'm him. Now what am I going to do?

Well if Senator John McCain had his way and the far left wingers would go on vacation as a group long enough to get some governing done, I could politely ask the nurse( in a whisper) who brings the consent forms for me to sign...please get me a private sector Voucher....pretty please QUICK!!! Yes that's right that is all the good Senator is trying to do is give the Va users who by the by are guys like me who volunteered to stand a post for the safety of their country, a chance to use the best of the best of the best Sir!

Why do the liberal left wing nuts have a problem with this? Damned if I know, but it's probably the same reason they claim that the Republicans are trying to campaign on the successes of the Democrats Health Care Plan. To be clear there are some good things that the Democrats got done on health care, and mostly they were bipartisan victories achieved through the give and take push pull that is the norm on the hill. Republicans mostly are setup to attempt a repeal of the health care bill, and at the very least a total overhaul of what was done under President Obama's Administration.

Here is one of the funny things though, in all of my use of VA services, I have not run into a situation where such a voucher would even had come into consideration to me. The folks at the VA are young, maybe a lot of the Doctors are on their first gig, but they care, they are well educated and they are competent. Do I support the voucher amendment that the good Senator from Arizona is trying to get introduced on the floor for a discussion? You Betcha! Will it ever see a vote? Nope, not as long as the current administration is in office as they would rather increase federal spending enough to go out and recruit the best of the best of the best Sir, to come to work at the VA, hell they would probably put them on the government payroll directly with Nancy Pelosi signing their paychecks. I hope my humor over this issue is clear, I wanted to make sure that all of the readers of my blog understand that even though I make light of the situation, the left is now creating stories to scare the likely voters into confusion so that they can ride in on the proverbial white horse and fix it all just in time for the midterms. As I always say decision's are made by those who show up, weather you agree with me or not, weather your a Left Wing Nut or a Right Wing Nut or a Centrist Reagan Democrat co-operating with the republicans about to be back in power ( I can hope and dream) you have to engage, show up, make a difference VOTE, call or write your Senator, work on a campaign of a local good guy seeking a local office. You must we must all do more to engage in the political process. Our founding fathers wanted us to be involved, we have a moral responsibility to the memories of those fine wise men who declared us to be our own free Country, who threw off our oppressors and rolled up their shirt sleeves and drafted the most important document in the world (I am flattered but it's not this blog) The United States Of America's Constitution.

Remember that all that is needed for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. I thank you for reading and lastly, I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation, UNDER GOD, Indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

No comments: